Monday, April 17, 2006

I'll just have the water, thanks

I'm reading this week's issue of US News & World Report and there's a Democratic Opinion analyst quoted as saying, "People used to see him as the kids of guy they'd like to have a beer with. They don't see him that way anymore. It used to be that while they didn't necessarily agree with his policies, they felt he talked straight and they could trust him."

Apparently, in the middle of all the scandal surrounding the Bush administration (the him the analyst spoke of), someone forgot to make the Kool-Aid these people have been drinking since just before he got elected.

Have a beer with him? That would mean hanging out with him. Spending time with him. This guy is the freaking President of the United States. The last guy I want to get the "have a beer with him" impression about is the leader of the free world.

I admit, I spent a lot of time at various fraternities while I was in college. And I can't think of a single guy I would want from one of them to run this country. And, personally, frat guy has always been the impression this smug, village idiot has always given off.

I can't seem to figure out why now people are finally getting the idea, that gee, this ignoramus, the man who can only think of one adjective at a time to use per speech that's off the cuff, might not be the best man for the job. What could it be? Hmmm....the intelligence leak? Nah, that's probably just Dick Cheney's fault, right? Cause we all know, he's the one really running the country anyway.

Could it be all of our boys and girls (check the average ages people) dying and getting injured over in Iraq? Nah, cause no one gets to see or hear about those poor folks unless you actively seek out the information and most Americans are just too lazy (busy) for that.

maybe it's the concern over the fact that if his lips are moving, he's not telling the truth. As in, "No, we're not planning an airstrike on Iran." If I was Iranian, I'd start planning a duck and CYA right now.

For those of you just arriving at the party, Bush is lying, has been lying and will continue to lie. How about a glass of water?

No comments: