Monday, April 03, 2006

The beginning of the end of the yoga mat bag


I can't believe I've actually made it this far. This thing is a behemoth. I think it would fit an elephant trunk at least. But I am so pleased with how the bottom turned out (pre-felting) that I just had to share. Boy were they right about alternating the k2tog in the front and back of the stitches to make it look more even. It's almost too pretty to felt. And now I have already started to work on the strap. My color issues of this bag (Because the pattern had listed incorrectly the number of skeins I needed for each color) has gone from me and now I can just enjoy the near-finished project. The colors are not as accurately represented as I would like, but I had to take the picture with a flash due to lighting conditions.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Holly in CT said...

Cool! Let's see the felted version soon!

Anonymous said...

It looks GREAT!

Eleni said...

Thanks! I'm about 3/4 of the way through the strap. I'm hoping that I finish the strap today, work my way through the confusing directions on how to sew it (Confusing because I don't sew so well), and bring it in as a glorious felted piece tomorrow night for knitting.