Monday, April 17, 2006

The Chevron scarf

I am loving this scarf. First of all, the Koigu rocks. And this pattern is just great. I think I mentioned before I got it out of my bible, Last-Minute Knitted Gifts. And I had bought the yarn last summer I think from someone who was de-stashing. And, finally I am working on it, and it's perfect timing because it is all the spring colors you could just die for. It's still on the needles, but I finally blocked it a little and here it is:



Allen is out tonight so that means extra knitting for me. I'm thinking of whipping out his sweater so I can at least get re-motivated. And I can work on the scarf when I get bored with the sweater. It's sort of a scarf-headband kind of thing if you saw the picture in the book. Very cool for summer, and just the right weight.

Now, I'm off to do my chores so I don't have to waste valuable kids-asleep time tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The scarf is gorgeous! I think that I will have to make one for myself after I finish several sweaters for my brother and for myself. I have had the yarn for a while! Must get busy knitting!