Thursday, May 04, 2006

Last night

I've been in a knitting funk over the past few days. This happens to me periodically where I go through really manic and highly productive periods of knitting and then usually get caught up in a really good book and I go through a period of a couple of days of zero knitting. I actually can feel my agitation if I go more than a few days without knitting, great book or not.

I think part of it is because I have been unable to go to my LYS Sit N Knit for the past few weeks because either Allen has been out of town or we have to make plans. Like tonight, is parent night at school so no knitting for me.

So, when my friend Linda, suggested that I join her at her group last night, I jumped at the chance thinking it would be a great opportunity to get on track. She meets every Wednesday with the Hartford chapter of Stitch and Bitch and once a month they meet up at Creative Fibers in Windsor to knit.

We had a great time, the owner, Laura is a very nice woman and they have a wide selection of yarn. More importantly, I worked a good deal on my top secret project that I have previously alluded to (has to be finished by September at the very latest) and since it involves beads, it is sometimes slow going, but very rewarding as well.

Also, I was able to pick up the Berroco for my sugar bear's dress (my LYS doesn't carry) in a very nice purple. I decided to go with the Victoria pattern (she liked it better) so I am using Cotton Twist. I am thinking though that instead of putting a ribbon on the bottom I will work some beading into the pattern. Very cool.

Now back to my knitting!

2 comments:

Holly in CT said...

I have got to check this place out. Thanks for the tip!

Sue said...

I get in a knitting funk too. I know that, when that happens, I need to change something. It just ain't right. I'm either trying to do too much or feeling overwhelmed, so I fix it.

Love your blog!