Monday, May 15, 2006

Dear Dye O Rama Secret Pal

I've been remiss in posting the answers to these questions on the blog because until I checked my secret pal's site, I had no idea that I was supposed to! Can you tell I'm new at this! Thank God I saw my pal's site cause she doesn't like self striping yarn and I was going to send her some of that! Whoops!
Here goes:

Your favorite colors? purple, blue, pink, bright green (no limey crap)

Preferred yarn weight (Fingering, Sport, DK, maybe even Worsted)? I would say for socks definitely fingering

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? multicolored

If your buddy is able to do so, would you like a variegated, self-striping, or self-patterning yarn? variegated would be cool, really I don't care, cause I'm a yarn slut and will take anything (though anything is not meant to mean "red heart" :)

Would you be interested in a wool blend sock yarn (nylon, tencel, silk, acrylic, alpaca, etc.)? whatever

Imagine the perfect colorway. What would you name it? My daughter's eyes

What was the biggest appeal to you for joining this dye-along? like the secret pal idea and love the excuse to dye yarn!

General yarn/fiber questions:

Have you dyed yarn/fiber before? yes, only once

If so, whatÂ’s your favorite dye and method? not sure yet as it was only once

Do you spin? not yet (I still enjoy spending time with my family)

Have you knit socks before? yah, you betcha

Do you use sock yarn for just socks or in other patterns too? other patterns too (see the Chevron scarf)

What are some of your favorite yarns? Koigu, Rowan Cashsoft, Opal Haguebutte, Koigu, Regia, Knit Picks, and did I mention Koigu

What yarn do you totally covet? amazing cashmere

Favorite patterns? hmmmm, anything I can knit?

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? in wrap style (I believe) there's that cashmere shawl poncho thing, to die for

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? like circs best, and i admit, yes, the addi's do make you knit faster

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? I'd probably be Koigu

Nothing to do with knitting/yarn/fiber in any way but seemed kinda fun:

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? Hot Tamales

WhatÂ’s your favorite animal? Hmmmmm...when I was little it was rabbits. I love dogs. Yeah, I'll go with dogs

Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? Cal, Golden Retriever 100 years old, only kidding he's 12, he just acts like he is 100; Lucy, domestic feline, about 3.5 years old.

If you were a color what color would you be? Purple, really great purple

Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone elseÂ’s)..soft long-sleeved tshirt, not too tight, not too loose

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? Irises "An iris is like a woman in love . . ."

Do you have a wishlist? yes

No comments: