Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Just a thought

My ball winder ought to be called a ball buster because that's all it's been doing to mine the past few days (pun very much intended). As if the problems with the swift of a week ago were not enough, now my ball winder is ganging up on me with the swift to cause more havoc. I'm happily balling my Socks that Rock yarn when the ball winder literally flies off of the kitchen table. It's got to be me. Because I've never heard of this happening to anyone else and yesterday I had to hold down the base of the winder while I wound with the other arm/hand. Thank God there was no food nearby because if I had gotten food on the Fairgrounds yarn, someone would have had to die at my hands for me to feel justice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, it's happened to me too. Also I have had the ball of yarn fly off as I am winding. That adds excitement too. I've had the yarn slip off the ball and down into the gears too. Yet, I LOVE that ball winder and eagerly get it out to wind a hank of yarn. Writing this makes me realize i really am nuts. Oh, well, I hope you feel better soon.

Eleni said...

I must be just as crazy because I still love my ball winder. And I don't see any other models that look any better either, so I think this is it for us.