Sunday, June 04, 2006

Two cents

I've had a lot of on and offline discussion about the sock cuff. So, I thought I would weigh in here and invite thoughts and comments (please people I won't bite) about it. BTW, I am almost finished with the second cuff, hope my needles get here soon. Though, this week will actually be a week of DH sweater work (have to finish that front!) and I am almost finished with the Top Secret Project. No reveal on that one until August! Stay tuned, but I digress...

Some people love the buttons on the cuff, some people not so much. I like the buttons as I think it really sets the sock off. My friend, Kelly, wants to knit them for her fiance (I know, I've already told her she can't knit them until she is actually married, only 19 more days to go on that front) sans buttons. And I know Holly in CT is interested in them without the buttons as well. I'm thinking you knit the cuff as written until you get to the part about the button-holes. Skip that and you also may have to/want to skip the picot edge. If you wanted the edge I am guessing you would just somehow sew it together just behind the edge. Without the edge I am thinking you just blanket stitch it up prior to picking up the stitches to do the rest of the sock. I could be totally off on this as I don't have the pattern in front of me.

Linda???? I'm thinking you would have the best idea of how to do this w/o the buttons and/or edge.

No knitting to show off today....I've been cleaning a closet and doing laundry. Necessary but no fun.

3 comments:

J. Denae said...

I love the picot edge and the buttons... I don't know what the finished sock is supposed to look like but I really think it's cute so far... life is too short to wear boring socks!!

aija said...

Hm, I don't know how but I like the buttons... I think they're interesting. Are you following the rockin' sock KAL? I pop in there to drool every once in a while :)

Eleni said...

I have been following the KAL on the rockin socks. Now that I am almost done with the second cuff, I am almost ready to post on there! Can't wait to see what the next shipment will be