Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Madonna, Madonna, Madonna

Wow, wow, wow and did I mention WOW ? What a night, what a concert (thank you April), and what an amazing experience.

A little of my Madonna history: My first album ever was Like a Virgin (remember when they were albums?). I can remember where I was when my mom gave it to me after school. I can remember that the "bad girl" down the street already had it and that my mom got major cool points in my book for getting it for me. I'm pretty sure it was fourth grade.

I wanted to be Madonna. I wasn't sure what she was, but I knew that was what I wanted to be. She had all the boys, she had the best clothes, she got to wear as many Madonna bracelets as she wanted to (of course, I did too until my mom found out what they "meant.") I can remember watching the video for Dress You Up in My Love (when MTV actually played music) at my great aunt's house in Philly (Cable had not come to Virginia yet unless you were really wealthy) and dancing around the room like a fool.

I wanted to be her for Halloween that year, but someone else at school was going to be her so instead of being a copy of that girl, I went with Boy George as my costume. There's a story there too, I'll tell that one another time.

And last night, seeing her live for the first time (as I was too little for so long and then for a while never considered spending "that much" for concert tickets) . . . I was so right to want to be her. Emy, I am sure you can attest to this. As April said, she commands your attention. Whatever you say about her, she always knows who she is, even if it changes from time to time as part of her evolution. And she doesn't take any crap from anyone. I admire that most of all. Not to mention, I'll be working out a lot harder the next few weeks because at 47 she has a better body than most of us will ever have in our lifetimes. She is one taught muscle. As are her dancers who are just remarkable (and really, really young).

So, that's my ode on Madonna for this morning.

I have actually been knitting. Working on Aden's blanket from forever ago. Have to get it done. It's one of those, knit in strips, multi-color deals. I think I had a picture on the blog a while back. Anyway, it's kind of hanging over me, though not in a bad way, and it's time to get it done.

Okay, friends, time to get my butt in gear and get some work done!

1 comment:

Holly in CT said...

Wow, Madonna! I envy you. You have also made the big blogosphere parade. You just made the Knitting Blogs Web Ring. The Ring is still closed to new members!
Sites added today include:

HolyKnitBatman

Woo, woo, you go girl!!!
Congrads!