Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Look mom, it's an FO!


Yes, finally, something in the queue that got finished. Yep, the dishcloth from Mason-Dixon. I have not yet decided if the colors are too garish, but seriously, it's a dishcloth...do the colors really matter at all? As this is the first of what I can only imagine will be many dishcloths to come, it's hard to tell if I really love it, but I have enough yarn left over that I can switch the A and B colors and see what that combo looks like. I think the colors pooled in an interesting way.

Enough of that, I've got to take a pic of the finished strip of the blanket, but it's currently in the room where Mimi is asleep so wild dogs couldn't drag me in there!

And for those of you who might be asleep at the wheel, the new Knitty is up today! And man is there some weird sh!! on there. You'll see. Some nice things as well, especially the pair of socks knit with handpainted yarn...once I finally finish the Blue moon Socks, I'll actually get to a new pair with my own hand-dyed yarn!

Me, I'm off to wash dishes! (and by the way, what the hell is blogger's problem today?)

6 comments:

J. Denae said...

I know what you mean about Blogger today... talk about asleep at the wheel!! I love your washcloth!! My friend Kerri just bought a house so I'm off to buy yarn gor washcloths for her *first* kitchen!!

Holly in CT said...

The dishcloth is too pretty to use! I love some of the Knitty socks but I just don't "gt" the allure of knitted bracelets or whatever those things are.

aija said...

Greta pooling there :) Lucky dishes, I say!

Carrie said...

I think I like the colors, it's interesting how they pooled.

Shannon said...

I love the colors. I've made a pile of washcloths and given them all away. I need to make one for myself now.

Jeri said...

Good job on the ball band "warsh" cloth. The colors are very nice. And I bet they were fun to knit to watch as they changed and pooled, then moved along. One of my knit night friends was so excited when she first got pooling in some socks.

Jeri