Monday, July 17, 2006

It finally arrived

I had ordered the famed Queen Kahuna sock book a couple of weeks ago (thanks to Linda for telling me about it). And today was arrival day. For those of you who are visual learners this is an awesome, awesome reference to have. It's a spiral-bound-basic-bind-it- yourself-at-Kinkos's-book, but it's worth the $24.95. You get the toe-up version of socks on two circulars, some great heels, and like I said, an all-around good reference. Tell her Holy Knit sent you.

Holly in CT, this book is for you!

6 comments:

aija said...

Ooh, can't wait to hear what you think about it :)

The Little (Knitting) Hedgehog said...

It's a great book! I'm working on my second toe-ups using her book now. The instructions get a little frantic at time for me where I have to read the same things over several times before it makes sense but the photos really help!

Holly in CT said...

Woo hoo I have to get this! I just finished my first sock (well except for grafting the toe) and am 1/2 way through the ribbing on the second sock. I REALLY want to do some toe up socks NOW!

Anonymous said...

Ordered the book, got to Needleworks and did some damage $$$. Just how long did it take for the book to arrive? I've got needles and new yarn and really twitchy needles!

Alliesw said...

Glad to hear another good review--I keep finding references to this book, I think I need to check it out!

Eleni said...

The book took a couple of weeks, but in Queenie's defense, I think she may have been on vacay. Worth the wait, but I must say it is easily one of the wordiest books I have ever read! And that's saying a lot coming from she-who-blogs-a-lot :)