Sunday, July 16, 2006

Let the Italians have their little victory . . .


Cause I scored big time at Needleworks! While I am sad for Needleworks that after 20 years of serving the community, they have lost their lease, I am a vulture at their carcass. I confess, I never made it there when it wasn't closing, preferring to stay with my LYS, but, a sale is a sale. Everything in the store is 50% off and that means some really good yarn score. I'm going back to them at some point because Mimi was with me and I was trying to get to our next activity, so I raced through, gleefully filling my bag of yarn. Got some lovely Opal and Lana for Socks. Addi's at 50% off....I was swooning. And I got a ton of Velvet Touch for baby blankets. I have a (pardon the pun) soft-spot for this yarn because it was what I created my first project from. Also picked up a few buttons. But, like I said, I need to go back, check out books, etc. If you are in the area, get thee there. They close at the end of the month.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to know did they have Addi's in small sizes for sock knitting? Looks like you hit a big time score at needleworks, woo woo!

Eleni said...

They did have small Addi's at the time I was there last week, but if I were you I would call ahead, ask for a specific size and see if they will put them aside. They had lots of sock yarn.

Anonymous said...

Excellent score at the yarn shop. I love a bargain -- got a pair of Bill Blass jeans today for $3.18 -- yes $3.18 -- why they were marked down to that price when all the others were 50% off, I don't know and I don't care. I will always love these jeans no matter what because they were a bargain. So love that yarn and enjoy it.

jaqic said...

and there is something wrong with Italians????
That Aloha cast on is great also. I saw it online a while ago.