Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Update

I feel as if I have been off the reservation for longer than about a week! It's been crazy as usual. We left for my best friend, Jen's wedding last Wednesday, finally got home this Sunday and I am just now getting my blogging act in gear.

First some sales you should know about. Kaleidoscope Yarns is at it again with the Koigu, this time the KPPPM is 15% off. I think they are trying to get rid of "old" colors to make way from the new. But, really with Koigu, there's never a bad or old color as far as I am concerned. And, Astrid still has the 10% discount on all of her fall yarns plus if you order $95.00 worth they will send you a set of Profi needles for free (your choice of size).

I wanted to share at least one wedding photo and thought this was probably one of the most fun, so here is the gorgeous Jen in her beautiful gown with all of us fools in tow:

Man, we had too much fun Saturday night. The singing went well, the throat held out. I must say I am glad that it is over. I stressed out more about it than I realized. Funny how sometimes you only see those things in retrospect.

I also wanted to mention, that DH and I (unbeknownst to each other) got each other an iPod for our birthdays last week. This is great because I am listening to more knitting Podcasts and this way I can pass the time in the car (especially running back and forth to school to fetch the girls). I want to encourage all of you, if you haven't had a chance to listen to any of the knitting podcasts, get out there and listen. A good one to start with is Cast On by Brenda Dayne. Once I get my act together, I will put her button up on the site. She's a very generous podcaster, always willing to help other podcasters, and I am really enjoying her interviews and chat. There are a few others, but I haven't decided which other ones I really like, so I will save discussing those for another day.

I also have to get a photo of the truly luscious yarn my mother brought back from Rome. WOW is all I can think to say. More on that later!

1 comment:

Holly in CT said...

Y'all look beautiful! The description of the bridesmaids dresses didn't do them justice. BTW I heard that the price of Opal sock yarn is going to reach $19. Some LYS will not carry it at that price. It maybe time to stash up if you like that yarn.