Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Getting nervous

My best friend is getting married this weekend (the one that I knit the beaded bag for). I have been looking forward to this long before she had a groom. I cannot wait for this weekend. However . . .

I'm starting to freak a little bit tonight because I am singing the Ave Maria in the wedding in Latin (not the nervous part) and my damn throat is sore tonight. Christ. Could this cold snap have any worse timing? I'm sitting her drinking a hot cup of tea and praying. It's an ache-y throat rather than a scratchy one and I just need it to hang in long enough for me to get through the opening of the wedding. I practiced today, and while that should not have been a reason for me to suddenly have a sore throat, I am hoping that maybe, just maybe, it had a tiny bit to do with it. I'm resting it tonight and seeing what's up in the morning. I want to exercise again tonight, but part of me is thinking it might not be the worst idea to take a night off. I've exercised every single day of the last 8-10 (I can't remember past the 8 day mark with any certainty).

I pick up the bridesmaid dress tomorrow. I'm packing like a sherpa tonight because I just want to make sure I have every possible contingency planned for. Yeah, right, cause that's something I am typically so capable of planning around.

Tonight is a perfect night to knit and relax and de-stress. I have to keep repeating that.

2 comments:

aija said...

I'm sure you'll be fine-- good luck :)

Larjmarj said...

Honey and lemon!! Hot....
That and if you can find them at a health food store, Thayers slippery elm lozenges. Gets rid of any tickly feeling you might be having. Good luck!