Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Socks for Soldiers

Today I am not interested in the politics of the War. Okay, just for this post, because you know how hard it is for me to keep my mouth shut. But, I came across this organization, Socks for Soldiers, today and wanted to pass along the info. If we can agree on nothing else, I think we all agree that members of the United States military do jobs that the majority of us would never want to do. And I can't think of anyone in the world who deserves hand-knit socks more than these guys and gals.

The deal is this, Uknitted We Stand is a group that is sending hand-knit socks of love to the Middle East. The goal right now is 500 pairs of socks by October but the dream is to send 100,000 pairs eventually. There's actually a link for patterns and sock yarn and supplies over at my darling Astrid's site. If you don't want to knit them or don't have time, you can also donate knitting supplies to people who plan to knit these. Win-win. Holly, get your needles out :)

No comments: