Monday, September 04, 2006

Stitchy is coming!

Haven't heard of Stitchy McYarnpants? Well, she's a riot, and you should go see her if you don't know who she is. Aww, heck, go see her even if you know who she is. After the loss of You Knit What?, she's a beacon of hilarity in an ever descending into crappiness knitting world!

But, I digress.

Stitchy is coming to my LYS! If you are interested, visit the Sit N Knit site for more info, but as it stands now, she will be there Saturday, October 14th from 1 - 2:30 p.m. And if I can sneak away from my daughter's Country Fair at her school, I will most definitely be there.

Finishing up Sugar Bear's yeti dress tonight. I only have the straps left. And, as it stands now, I think it is going to fit her without being ridiculous after all. This, is an especially good thing, because she wants to wear it on Tuesday for the first day of school. I love that, because some time and effort has definitely gone into this. I haven't finished the straps yet, but I didn't like the straps the pattern called for so I created my own and I've added button holes (and, yes, I will be shopping for buttons tomorrow) so that I can adjust the straps longterm and hopefully get a little more life out of the dress as she gets taller. And then I am going to have to knit Mimi's in the contrasting colors.

And did I mention DH's birthday is in 10 days and the sweater isn't even close to finished. My goal now is our anniversary, which only adds six days to my knitting calendar, but with him going out of town again, I have hope that I can get some serious marathon knitting completed because I have nothing else right now with a real deadline. Except for the fact that there are a bunch of babies coming up, they will just have to wait for now!

2 comments:

handknitbyafailedfeminist said...

Save me a seat at stitchy mcyarnypants! We can crawl away from the fair on our hands and knees. Or we can hope for rain!

Larjmarj said...

Thanks for the link to her site. I mourned the loss of "You Knit What?", now I have a new souce of Fug to snicker at. As for knitting deadlines, don't get me started. I signed up for a KAL last month and have yet to pick out what I am going to make for it!