Monday, January 15, 2007

Project Compassion

On a day such as this, MLK Day, it is wonderful to spread compassion. And that's exactly what the lovely ladies over at Project Compassion are planning on doing. I believe that I got on Erin's mailing list because I "killed" her in the Sock Wars. At least that's how I think I got on. I know she also dyes yarn and sells it, but I am pretty sure it was the Sock Wars thing.

In any case, she and her friend Michelle are going to collect squares to donate to a mother and daughter who lost three families members to a car accident just before Christmas. This really takes no time at all. They are about the size of a washcloth, and imagine what it would mean to these women to have squares sewn into a blanket from all over the world. Please visit Project Compassion for more details. This will be an ongoing project and they will add different recipients to the larger scope, so if you can't help now, bookmark them, because you can always help in the future. Both knitting and crocheting are accepted. And if you don't know how to knit or crochet, either pick up the sticks or forward this information to someone who can.

No comments: