Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Poor Simon

I'm actually starting to feel sorry for Simon Cowell. He is going to have to have a tongue transplant by the end of the season six American Idol auditions from having to bite his tongue. I am sure there is a ton of editing involved, but how could two cities have such a high concentration of tone deaf people? I know we all have blind spots for the ones we love, but you would have to be deaf, dumb, and blind to believe that more than half of these people can sing.

I have sung my entire life, and still can't imagine I would ever be good enough to be a pop idol. And yet, these 15-minute-of-fame-seeking-yahoos have apparently no conscience of continuing to punish the public with their let's just be honest, sh$$.

And then there is the other side of me that thinks this is borderline cruelty to the mentally ill. Clearly several of the contestants did not have their daily Seroquel dose and then off they go to their audition. And yet, it's not cruel enough that I can tear myself away. I'd like to think I am better than this, I'm not one to gawk at car accidents and yet, it's impossible to turn away from these train wrecks.

Thoughts?

No comments: