Thursday, May 31, 2007

Some Garden Lovelies

We're having quite the thunderstorm here right now, so I thought I would post some bright pics from the garden thus far. Sadly, my really good camera is at the shop, but these will have to hold you until I get it back!

This first one is one of two peonie trees I have, sadly, I didn't get a picture of the other one in bloom before the petals went awol. They have been in the ground three years, and this is the first year they bloomed. And, they smell good, too.

I love Clematis. I am currently growing three kinds. I don't know the names off the top of my head, but they are lots of fun once they take off. The first one took three years to look like this. The second one, was just planted this year, and isn't producing much, but it just makes me look forward to next year.


This is the first Iris of the season. The color is just happy, I can't think of a better word, so happy will have to do for now.

And lastly, these are the two things in my garden I am most proud of, for obvious reasons:

4 comments:

laura said...

The 3 year old Clematis is simply stunning! What specific type is it?

handknitbyafailedfeminist said...

Help me I suck at technology! I spent all morning f***ing with blogger to get a photo to some up on my profile. ARGHHH! I a failing 21st century life.

Larjmarj said...

Great pics and the girls are so cute... I'm sure they are always that cuddly towards each other ;-)

elizabeth marley said...

I can't wait for the day I have a yarn (and time!) for a garden. Your flowers are beautiful.