Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

To all of you muthas, Happy Mother's Day. I spent the day with all my children and wanted to share a few photos with you. Spring has sprung here in New England and I am spending every spare minute in the garden (I know, what a shock). I look forward to this time of year when I get to see everything really coming together.

First, a photo of Wilbur because he is growing so fast! He's almost 16 pounds already . . . and getting to be a little much to pick up. He's not nipping at all of our heels as much (my skin is so much happier) and DH is getting him to quit the annoying little bark. It's pretty amusing because when he barks he gets this look on his puppy face like, Is that my voice? (To really get what I mean, you have to watch Emperor's New Groove, it's a comment Eartha Kitt makes near the end)

And just because there's no dog like an old dog, our man Cal, much recovered from us stealing his manhood around the holidays. He has seemed to perk up a bit since Wilbur's arrival. Yep, anger can really keep you going at 91.

The next shot was a Mother's Day at Mimi's school pic. If I could figure out how to get the video out of my video camera and onto my computer (technical difficulties are somewhat of a rarity for me and they are leaving me really irritated, not to mention that the really good camera is having what Sony describes as not quite a recall, but something they are willing to fix on their dime), I would share the video of her singing with you too. For now, just the still of us together.

And finally, Sugar Bear in the meadow behind our house. Every spring, I try to get photos of them in the meadow among the high grass and wildflowers before my eventual job of mowing it down.This wasn't the exact shot that I wanted, but it sure is cute anyway. It's easier when I get the girls unaware, but with the distraction of Wilbur, that was nearly impossible today.

I have a bunch to talk about this week, gardening, knitting, seeing Bob and Lee Woodruff, my grandfather getting to talk on the National Mall . . . stay tuned.

No comments: