Thursday, March 01, 2007

Baby Knitting Galore


Ah, baby knitting. I just can't get away from it! The hat above, is for my cousin's new baby boy. It is much more red in person so it's great for a boy. It's the umbilical hat from one of the Stitch & Biatch books. A really quick knit that looks great and is very soft to the touch. I also have one of two matching booties completed. I've got to get the bootie finished by next week because I will see my cousin then. I'm using the bootie pattern from Last Minute Knitted Gifts (i.e., my knitting gift bible).

I thought I would use Felicity, Sugar Bear's American Girl doll, as my model for the other hat. This is my favorite hat to knit for little girls, especially bald little girls, but it's so darn adorable that it works for any little girl. It's the Moe hat from Berrocco. So unbelievably soft. I've also got a bib finished that needs a button and half a burp cloth. They are the ones from the Mason-Dixon book and they're great because they are knit out of the Peaches & Creme like the dishcloths so they are absorbent and you can just throw them in the washer.
I've still got one baby that is already here, a girl to knit for. I think I'll do another Moe hat and use the same yarn for some matching booties. Seriously, my friends' husbands need to start watching more TV.

I've added some new links under Blogs and under knitting sites finally so check them out!

No comments: